Can't Sign in Cloud Access to enable Cloud Access

I’m unable to access my NAS using the MyCloud OS 5 app after updating to the latest firmware because it says my device is offline however I am able to access it via Network Drive.
When I try to enable it on the My Cloud dashboard by signing in using the cloud account for device owner admin, I’m unable to do so. It tells me to check if I have an internet connection to the NAS which I do have.
I’ve also noticed that it’s been indexing for nearly 3 weeks now when I sign into the My cloud os 5 site on desktop.

I do not want to factory reset it unless it’s the last resort.

I had to soft factory reset.
What you can do it create a backup file of your config, so you can restore it afterwards.

1 Like

That’s frustrating. Doesn’t soft reset wipe the data as well?

I’ve soft reset it and it’s now connected to Cloud access and indexing. Hopefully after it’s finished indexing I can test it out

No, it only erases the configuration, not the data. And as mentioned you can backup the config before resetting.

You should be able to start using the Cloud service without it first finish indexing.

As an FYI. WD is preventing My Cloud devices using firmware below 5.26.202 from being able to access WD Cloud services. WD is warning users with firmware below 5.26.202 to update their firmware to regain access to WD Cloud services as the 5.26.202 or later firmware fixes security vulnerabilities. See the following notice for more.

Western Digital My Cloud OS 5, My Cloud Home and SanDisk ibi Firmware Update

For My Cloud Devices:

Firmware versions 5.26.202 and above address critical vulnerabilities. Please see Release Notes and Security Bulletin for more details.

Devices on firmware below 5.26.202, will not be able to connect to Western Digital cloud services starting June 15, 2023, and users will not be able to access data on their device through mycloud.com and the My Cloud OS 5 mobile app until they update the device to the latest firmware. Users can continue to access their data via Local Access.

To update to the latest firmware, go to the My Cloud OS 5 dashboard and initiate the update. If you need instructions on how to perform these steps, please visit our support article.

Yeah, I saw that but I was already on that firmware and it didn’t let me enable cloud access.
The solution was to factory reset the system settings and now I’m able to access it again.