Can't save word document to My Cloud

I am new to all this, so go easy. I have just bought a WD My cloud 2TB, I have managed to transfer over my music library from itunes without problems. 

I have just attempted to save a word document direct to my cloud, and it would allow me, please help. Thanks in advance

RussSuz wrote:

I have just attempted to save a word document direct to my cloud, and it would allow me, please help.

You’re going to need to give us more info.  Help us help you.

What happened when you tried?

I created my word document, went to save as. created my file name and saved it to my documents on my macbook pro. The file was saved in a .docx format. I then attempted to select and drag this file over to a folder within my cloud.

RussSuz wrote:

I then attempted to select and drag this file over to a folder within my cloud.

Yeah, and???  What happened??

You still didn’t say what happened!! Did you get an error code, a red circle with red line through it, what was the result???

You should be able to drag and drop.

Look at this, see, My Cloud│How it Works>Learn More and click on Getting Started: My Cloud for Desktop. Use link below.

http://content.webcollage.net/apps/cs/mini-site/bestbuy/module/wdc/wcpc/1380204748603/tab/demo-eebd01c1?enable-reporting=true&showtabs=&channel-product-id=1219079080973 

Just went back and read your initial post again, this is what it says,

I have just attempted to save a word document direct to my cloud, and it would allow me, so what is the problem?

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

i have mycloue mappet as a drive in my windows7.

I created a document in windows word.

I used save as and selcted the mapped myclud public drive. Then I created a new directory and saved the document into this. There was no error at all doing this.

I could also get this document back into word without problem.

Hi RussSuz,

I tried to save document from word (2007) straight to my cloud device (listing my cloud in “Save as” path - eg \mycloud\documents\doc1.docx), it worked without any problems.

you probably need to supply more detailed info to get help.

my setup is a 3tb cloud, windows 8.1, connected via router by cat6 or wifi.

ps. - you can and should edit your post as the last line is very misleading - saying that “…it would allow me…”

I am having same issue when using Save As command from MS office. 

The path only shows:   C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\com.wd.WDMycloud\localstore\test.docx

i am running:

windows 7 pro 64 with all updates

My Cloud ver 1.0.4.37

lance2008 wrote:

I am having same issue

No you aren’t…  OP has a Mac, and didn’t have a problem with Save As.  

None of the folks suggesting the “Save As…” method have a problem.

You have Windows 7, and are having problems with Save As…  – so it is hardly the same.

Especially since the OP never actually said what the actual issue is (nor did you.)

lance2008 wrote:

The path only shows:   C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\com.wd.WDMycloud\localstore\test.docx

…and what happened when you changed the path to the Cloud?

Reply to: lance2008

I just saved a word (2013) document to My Cloud without any problems. This was just a test document to see what would happen. See images below.

I chose Save As>Other Web Locations>Browse then selected WD My Cloud and where I wanted to save it. You should be able to do the same thing if you choose Computer and then My Cloud under Network.

I hope this helps.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

1 Like

I have a similar issue in Word and Excel (but may be worth a different string). The repro steps are, Open a file in Word or Excel (Windows 7, Office 2010 version). Edit the file. Click Save. I get the below message. I can go to Save As… and make a new title, no problem. But, why should I have to create a new file name to be able to save a new version of the one I already have saved? Is this a WDMyCloud issue or an Excel/Word issue. I never had this issue when saving back to my User/Docuements folder.

When you first open the file, does the Excel Status Bar say [READ ONLY] next to the filename?