Can't retrieve inactive backup plan... SOLUTION

Looking through the threads, I was amazed that the responses were “Contact Tech Support” and “Uninstall and Reinstall”.  Atrocious service Western Digital.

In Vista the solution is:

Go to Users → ~username~ → AppData →  Roaming → WD →  WD Anywhere Backup → Instances

Delete all folders inside this directory.  You can then go back into Anywhere Backup and Reactivate the Backup Plan.

Other versions of Windows will have similar solutions, probably in Documents & Settings → username → application data…etc etc.

ananswer wrote:

Looking through the threads, I was amazed that the responses were “Contact Tech Support” and “Uninstall and Reinstall”.  Atrocious service Western Digital.

Eh? Tech support here? This is an user to user forum, you will not see WD doing tech support here.

ananswer wrote:

In Vista the solution is:

Go to Users → ~username~ → AppData →  Roaming → WD →  WD Anywhere Backup → Instances

Delete all folders inside this directory.  You can then go back into Anywhere Backup and Reactivate the Backup Plan.

Other versions of Windows will have similar solutions, probably in Documents & Settings → username → application data…etc etc.

Or just click the “reactivate backup plan” option, or just copy and paste out the files off the drive without even installing the software to begin with…

This is for when you had a backup plan, but then Anywhere Backup loses it.  

You then go into Anywhere Backup and click “reactivate backup plan” and choose the directory, even with putting the trailing '' on the path the software says that it can not find a Backup Plan.  And then you go to create a new one in the same directory and it says, “There is an existing Backup Plan in this directory.”

This issue has been discussed multiple times both here and on various internet forums, but never a solution.  Here is the solution.