Can't connect to my Airport Extreme wireless network

Got a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

Trying to connect to my Airport Extreme wireless network but failing.

1st question:

On the Airport Extreme, my wireless security is set to “WPA/WPA2 Personal”.

On the WD TV Live, they don’t have this option but instead have a load of other options for security.

Which option on the WD TV Live corresponds to “WPA/WPA2 Personal” on the Airport Extreme?

2nd question:

Is the WD TV Live fussy about passwords / length of passwords for the wifi network?

My password is a mixture of upper case / lower case / numbers / punctuation.  It is nine characters long.  Is that acceptable to the WD TV Live?

Any assistance appreciated.

I think your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming

Yes, sorry about that, I realised after I’d posted but then the system wouldn’t allow me to repost in the correct section.

I’ve solved my problem, here is my solution for others who might face the same thing:

1. Set your Airport Extreme wireless network to have no security, no password.

2. You can then connect to the WD TV Live.

3. The WD TV Live should then immediately prompt you to update your Firmware.  Allow it to download the new firmware and do the update.

4. Reset your Airport Extreme with security (e.g. WPA/WPA2 Personal) and a password.

5. In WD TV Live, go to Settings > Network and choose to manually set up a new wireless network.

This time, it will accept your network ID and password without any problems.

So, it seems that I needed to update my firmware on the WD Live TV before it would recognise the security on my Airport Extreme.

Hope this helps others in a similar situation.