Can't Access Admin (or anything) anymore

Hello everyone,

I was testing out the settings on my WD Share Space, and I seem to have done something wrong. I don’t know if I just locked myself out or crashed it.

I was at this screen, and I clicked static(as opposed to DHCP), and ever since then I have not been able to get back in. What should I do???

This is the screen I was at when it happened:

If you selected a static IP but don’t remember which one is it, you can try to ping the ShareSpace or you can just press the reset button to restore the configuration back to default. Check page 182 of the manual for the steps.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705006.pdf

I have 2 units with a similar problem… except that the reset button has no effect.

I have also swapped out the original drives & now just get amber lights at the drive #'s  :frowning:

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Remember that you need to press the reset button for 14 seconds.

Will it erase the data on there? There is a lot of really important data that I cannot afford to lose.

Nope it will not. Check the link that I gave you for the manual.

"If you have forgotten your password, or if the network is misconfigured, pressing the 

reset button while the device is powered up resets the admin user name and
password and IP settings to the default values without erasing shared folders or
volumes."

I did the reset and saw the lights and everything. But when I click the drive on my computer I’m getting this error:

An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to \ShareHD\Public Microsoft Windows Network: The network path was not found.  This connection has not been restored.