Cannot sign into Dropbox via WD Backup

I’m trying to set up a backup of some of my documents with WD Backup.

I get the choice of my 2TB My Passport Ultra, and Dropbox.

However, when I get to the “Click Sign in to allow WD Backup to access to your Dropbox account”
clicking “Sign In” only causes the “Finish” button to highlight for about 2-3 seconds, then dim.

Even clicking it when highlighed does not allow me to continue with the backup, leaving me unable to continue.

I’ve tried running WD Backup as admin, and normally. I’ve tried going into Dropbox’s app, and Dropbox via Chrome and IE (the latter only because the help for the app opens up in IE). I can find no way as to get this sign-in to occur. Any advice?

Using Windows 10 64-bit OS.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting with issue with WD Backup and Dropbox.
I was able to duplicate the issue on Wind10 64-bit and have escalated the problem to engineering.

I have the exact same problem and I had also tried to log into Dropbox before trying to schedule a backup. Do you have an estimated time on when this will be fixed?

Same problem here with an Ultra.

I am having the same issues.

Is this getting fixed anytime soon? I bought Ultra just because of the dropbox backup and now i can’t even use it.

I have the same issue With My Book and Windows 10. Kinda glad to see I’m not the only one.

Hello WD Backup Users,

The issue with Dropbox API is fixed in WD Backup available with WD Discovery Beta.

Join WD Discovery Beta and test WD Backup 1.6.6.

Just downloaded it.

Whatever the API fix was, it didn’t work - I’m getting the same failure as before with the version of WD Backup in the Beta.

Interesting, can you verify there’s an “update” icon next to WD Backup?
The update should give you WD Backup 1.6.6.

Absolutely no indication of an available update (icon or otherwise) when I go in through WD Discovery, or by clicking the WD Backup icon on my desktop. Version is 1.6.6094.24271

I am experiencing the same error - I can not sign in to Dropbox on Win 10 Pro - 64 bit. I installed WD Discovery Beta, had an update indication for WD Backup and updated it to version 1.6.6094.24271. I click the sign in button and nothing happens except that after a second or two the finish button highlights for a few seconds. I need to restore some files I backed up from my old (dead) computer - not sure why this log-in fix is taking so long (verified by WD on Dec. 4, 2016).

I’m having the same problem connecting to my Dropbox account. I just bought the drive this week and I have not downloaded the Discovery Beta. I figured it should have been included in the software updates that were downloaded when I installed software. Anyways, I would love to be able to use this option to backup my files on my WD My Passport Ultra 4TB drive to my Dropbox account.

having the same issue even after updating to latest edition today…i have an ultra and on win 8.

Same Problem. New ULTRA all installed and Update, READ and installed Beta, Update all agian. Restart and all i found what is possible to do, but NOTHING happend and it is not possible allow Access to Dropbox. That was only the Reason to buy a Ultra because backup special Things to Drobpbox and i update Dropbox to a 1TB Account and Pay for 1 Year §ggrrr§

regards from Switzerland

Same problem here! Has WD addressed this issue, or have they dropped it?

Have you tried the WD Backup version available with the installation of WD Discovery Beta?
https://support.wdc.com/beta/wddiscovery.aspx

Several of us have - and it failed exactly like the regular version, in every detail.

@Basara There’s been an update to WD Discovery Beta release recently which includes an updated version of WD Backup. Please try the updated version.

WD Backup Version: 1.7.6278 - Released

Changes:

• Now works with additional My Passport and My Book Family products
  • Resolved a Drop Box connection issue

Official Release Notes

Product Download Link
http://downloads.wdc.com/wdapp/WD_Backup_1.7.6289.16232.zip