Cannot sign into Dropbox via WD Backup

That update has not worked for me. I purchased this My Passport drive today to backup my Dropbox folders which contain a lifetime of research to an external hard drive, having spent a week restoring thousands of files deleted through a malfunction of my Samsung phone. Now I cannot sign in to Dropbox from the Drive. I will return it tomorrow if this cannot be resolved. I see that this has been a known problem for at least 4 months.

PS I just managed to make the update work. Thanks for the fix - but the solution was difficult to find for someone just setting up the drive for the first time. In the downloads section for updates there is no indication that this fixes the problem, which would be useful for first time users to know.

Just purchased my passport WD 2TB today and I can not get the WD back up to connect to drop box. I have followed all instructions. In the “Select your WD storage devise or cloud service” window I can click drop box but in the next window I cant sign in. I have allowed WD to access drop box when signing into my drop box account but I cant sign in from the backup window. I am running WD Backup file version 1.8.6312.2156. I need my passport files backed up to my dropbox. Somebody please help me solve this problem before my head explodes!!! Thank you in advance!!