Dropbox Issue

I have another problem with Dropbox!!!  This time the WD Software will not backup to Dropbox.  I get a message saying “Backup Destination cannot be authenticated.  Please verify the login information”  I checked all this, logged out and logged back in.  Dropbox telles me the pairing to WD Software was successful but when I try the backup again, I have the same problem.

I guess version 2.4.4 has created more problems than it solved!!!

Am I the only one with the Dropbox problems?  Maybe I am the only one using that feature.

Same problem here.

Yes…same issue here…  Have gone through the process on Smartware pro.  I get a message with says “Sucess,” but then it still does not work. 

Please look into this.

Peter

I guess nobody from WD cares about our problem.  I have disabled my Dropbox backup.  In fact, I found out that it is a useless feature of WD Software to backup to Dropbox since Dropbox automatically updates its servers with the latest versions of the files that are stored in the Dropbox folder of my laptop.

Therefore, WD, ignore my request.  You didn’t care anyways!!!

Snowbird34287 wrote:

I guess nobody from WD cares about our problem.  I have disabled my Dropbox backup.  In fact, I found out that it is a useless feature of WD Software to backup to Dropbox since Dropbox automatically updates its servers with the latest versions of the files that are stored in the Dropbox folder of my laptop.

Therefore, WD, ignore my request.  You didn’t care anyways!!!

Hi Guys, sorry to hear you are having problems, we have passed this along to support. 

Have support come up with anything?

Any resolution or ideas?

The main reason for selecting my Passport Ultra was the ability to use Dropbox.

If this is not available I will return it and look for an alternative.

Thks

This is the first thing I tried to do – backup to Dropbox – and I am having the same problem.  In 2015.  Has anyone solved this problem?

I’m having the same issue in April 2016. Where is the fix WD?

Got it working. By updating to latest version of Smartware software.

30th April 2016 and the issue still exist (Using the latest version of the software) WD is unable to resolve.

Hi Rayan_Turner is it still working for you?