Cannot get backup to run with v2.4.21.1 & Windows 10

My Book Live WDBAGC0030HCH-00

New laptop on the home network. Running Windows 10 (same as other computers). I installed WD Smartware v2.4.21.1 and configured the same as other computers (running v2.4.16). I have it configured for category backup with all file types selected (under Advanced View). The backup tab continually says “Ready to perform backup.” The files are highlighted Yellow indicating not backed up. Backup is enabled. And no backup occurs. I have tried scheduled backups and continual backups and nothing. I even selected backup now under the watch for scheduled backups.

I am suspicious v2.4.21.1 is the root cause but cannot prove it. Is there a download of v2.4.16 available to prove or disprove my theory?

Hi peirek,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

Hi Brandon. I did just that this morning since it was a few days and no response from the community.

The case number is 062418-13039464.

WD Support provided guidance via email. After confirming several services were running correctly (automatic) the issue persisted. WD Tech Support found a solution (workaround?). Solution was to create a new backup partition on the device (not use Smartware). Maybe there is a limit of 2 computers to backup to a single (Smartware) partition?