WD SmartWare 2.4.12 seems to not backup anymore

Hello

I installed a while ago WD Smartware 2.4.12 (latest update) on my PC running Windows 7 SP1 and connected to an external drive “My Passport Essential”. Today I realize that the backup does not work anymore. When being at home, the external drive is always plugged into my PC with USB. I sometimes open the appliation to monitor the status of my backup, and until now I was able to see, whgen going to the “Backup” tab, the check sign showing that PC and external drive were well synchronized.
Today, the left side (PC file categories) is all yellow, the right side (My Passport) is all greyed. Every 30 mn roughly the sign of backup activity is indicating “0.00KB of 194.9GB copied” with actually no activity. What happens???

Hello,

If you go into My computer, are you able to see the drive? If yes, try to reinstall the WD Smartware backup software.

Thanks
Yes of course, the drive is well recognized. Actually, I have fixed the problem by ejecting the USB HDD, unplugging the device, then re-plugging and re-starting the application. All was back working, without any other explanation…
Thanks anyway for your answer.