Cannot connect My Cloud to Samsung SMart TV Series 6

Hi there I have a WD My Cloud 2TB and a Samsung Smart Hub TV Series 6. I cannot seem to connect the My Cloud to my TV. I have enabled DLNA in the Dashboard. The TV is not listed though as a media receiver. I have also checked the Twonky server page. The TV is not listed as a media receiver there either. The Cloud is connected by cable to the modem. The TV is connected by wifi. I am a bit of a novice at this. Can you help?

Hi, is your TV connected to the wireless network from the modem or do you have a secondary router?

Hi Iluna

I don’t have a secondary router. I am a bit of a novice but I think I have a modem/router/wifi in one. I connected the Tv to the router using an Ethernet cable last night and it worked. The problem is that the cable sticks out too far at the back of the tv (it’s wall mounted). Any ideas on how to connect wirelessly? Do you think I could connect the router to the Tv using a usb cable?

Steve

Most likely your router is creating a secondary network for the wireless connection, check the IP on a wireless connected device and check the IP on the My Cloud, to check if they are within the same subnet. Ex: 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x

What error message or symptoms do you get?

I assume you’re trying to connect to the Twonky server by using ‘Multimedia/Network Device’ on the Samsung TV?

Have you established a wireless network connection for the TV?
(See ‘Connecting to a Wireless Internet Network Automatically’ in the TV user manual)

If so, can you use the TV’s internet browser to connect to the internet (to verify the Wifi connection is working)?

No. The router is an Ethernet router.

You might look for right-angled Ethernet cables.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=right+angle+ethernet+cable

It may even be a ‘guest’ network that the TV is automatically connecting to, rather than a password-protected network. Good thinking…

You are correct, I never think about guest mode, because I always turn it off.