CAn the Internal drive from the WD elements work on another external enclosure with no problem after I used WDformatter to make it xp compatible?

Ok so i’ve read that the WD mybook has onboard chip hardware encryption, which means that if you take out the HD and put it into another enclosure, you won’t be able to read the disk.

However, The WD elements/easystore don’t have this, which means you should be able to shuc the drive and put it into another enclosure with no problem.

Now here’s where my problem and question comes in. I bought an element and a easytore. I’ve the WDformatter program to make them XP Compatible since they’re both 8tb and XP 32 bit don’t read anything passed 2tb normally. The program works nicely and i can read the 8tb drive on windows XP. BUT then i read somewhere on this reddit that the program does some tricks with the block sizes and it uses the on-board WD enclosure chip to decode it at hardware level and make it work with XP… Someone wrote that due to this and making the drive “xp-compataible” using WDformatter, that If i shucced my drive and put it in another enclosure, The enclosure won’t be able to read it?

IS THIS TRUE? Can anyone tell me if this still works after using wdformatter to make it xp compatiable then shuccing it to another enclosure? I don’t want to waste money to buy another enclosure and go through the process of shuccing it myself to try, but i’m very curious if anyone has experience on this?
2019-07-18T04:00:00Z