Can no longer see MyCloud contents via File Explorer/Network

My laptop has just been replaced with another that also runs Windows 10 and therefore I re-installed WD Access. I have had the MyCloud for a few years now, it is not the new personal mycloud that was recently released.

I used to be able to explore the files on MyCloud from File Explorer using WD Access. By exploring the network, I could see everything on my cloud and could delete anything and everything there.
Now I can see music,videos and photos by exploring PC, but I can’t see other file types such as Word documents, and I can’t delete anything from this view.

Is this a consequence of WD Access being changed to accommodate the new product? How can I make WD Access work the way it used to for me?

TIA … Greg

@gvm77

Look at this topic in the WD My Cloud forum.

Thankyou very much for the quick reply. I made the change and restarted the
computer, but unfortunately the symptoms have not changed :frowning: … Greg

I should add that MyCloud was always showing as storage within File
Explorer/Network, but when I double click on it I go to the User Interface
(10.1.1.6), not the data files

Whoops, I had not re-run wd access before testing. All is ok, thankyou so
much, you have made my day! … Greg

Access to MyCloud via File Explorer/Network is proving to be flaky (inconsistent operations). Right now it does not work, I have checked that the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support box is still checked and I have ‘run’ ‘WD Access/open’ a couple of times and the functionality has not returned. Any ideas please? TIA … Greg

This fix has been unsatisfactory. I have turned off SMB file sharing support, and from now on will enter \wdmycloud into file explorer address bar instead

Another potential source of grief is the “Homegroup” feature.

See also this post.

so frustrating! Now entering \wdmycloud into file explorer address bar doesn’t work either … apparently the system can’t contact a domain controller to authenticate the request. Why does accessing the cloud have to be so hard?

Hi. I am struggling with this exact same issue. Have been researching web for last 3 days and trying various fixes with no success. Does anyone have a new answer?
I can access via wd apps but cant “explore” in file explorer in win 10. I used to have this access. Cloud icon is not present in storage section. Just see a flat square file icon that wont open. Just sends me to web interface. In media part of file explorer the wd icon is there. This sends me to twonky on web server. So pc knows its there but is unable to read and access the file structure having been able to in the past.
Tried SMB 1.0/CIFS fix. Tried a few other suggestions I found on line.
Any help appreciated. Thx. Tim

Whoops, I had not re-run wd access before testing. All is ok, thankyou so
much, you have made my day! voip phone system