Can no longer see/access files on My Passport

I have a My Passport (WDBBEP0010BBK) that is about 1 1/2 years old. A few days ago, I plugged it into my USB port, but I could no longer get the files to show up in Windows Explorer. The light is on and blinking, and I can hear it spinning.

Forgive me if I don’t use the techincally correct IT lingo. In Windows Explorer, it used to show up as a new drive (My Passport) after a few seconds. Now it seems to have a hard time loading. It just keeps spinning and blinking but the files never show up. Drive H shows up in Windows Explorer, but it is no longer titled “My Passport”. When I click on it, the green bar at the top just slowly creeps along like it is trying to load the files…but it never completes the mission. I always have to just shut down my computer because I can’t even get even get the safe eject to allow me to pull it out of the USB. I’ve tried the other USB ports and the same thing happens.

I never dropped it or anything like that. I do often take the cord out of it, but the cord doesn’t appear to be damaged.

Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!

Welcome to the Community.

Have you tried changing the USB cable and testing other computers? How is your drive displayed in Windows Explorer? As a “local disk”?