Best Method for Audio Playback on Android

I am not able to playback .wav or .mp3 files from within the MyCloud Home Android app, and I haven’t been able to find an app that works as an “open in” alternative for audio.

Any suggestions?

Hello TyWillems19,

My Cloud Home mobile app does not include an embedded mp3 player, so you won’t be able to play mp3 audio files directly from the mobile app.
I would suggest configuring Plex as My Cloud Home supports the Plex media server which can be accessed and used via the Plex Web and Mobile app for Android devices.

WD as a technology company might think about hiring someone that can program something as common as an MP3 player into their app.

The entire system is designed to allow you to access computer files remotely, I mean, no offense, but having the ability to actual view/use the files might be a nice addition…

I don’t really want to go to Plex, a media server managing program, when WD has a native one. Why would I want to use a third party program that is supposed to be doing the same thing?

I’m sorry, but I am just a little disappointed that there isn’t more support for a product like this.

I guess next time I’d rather just build my own NAS and use Plex, seems like you have more options and less restrictions than to spend hundreds of dollars on a cloud system that doesn’t even allow you to open a freaking .mp3.

Well anyway, I hope WD figures it out. I mean, they have support to open a 3rd party app for the files, but why have that if the “Open In” option, doesn’t actually allow you to open another app?

Sigh. Rant over.