Belkin wireless adapter f7d1101 v1 not working

This is a compatible adapter but I don’t understand how to use it or it’s broken. I’m not even getting the wireless setup in network settings, all I get are the automatic and manual choices, nothing that has to do with wireless. My firmware version is 1.06.16_B. The player doesn’t seem to recognize the adapter when I plug it in, it does recognize a usb flash drive. Any help appreciated. The adapter does also not light up with the media player or the laptop, the laptop recognizes it when I plug it in but there is no light on the adapter itself. Thanks.

Have you tried resetting the player by pressing the side paperclip button for a couple of seconds and then releasing with the player fully booted up. Then plug in the adaptor and see if its working.

no, did not try that, what does that do? If that doesn’t work any other solutions?

hmunster123 wrote:

no, did not try that, what does that do? If that doesn’t work any other solutions?

Pressing that button ‘resets’ the WD box to factory defaults (it does not change the firmware). It is like pressing the reset button on your computer. You will have to re-enter your information, but resetting the box does sometimes fix the type of problem you are seeing and is definitely worth trying (in my opinion).

You could also check it out on a computer to make sure its not faulty.

Didn’t work, it works fine on my windows laptop so it doesn’t seem to be faulty, I guess it’s not compatible.