Basic issues when starting with My Cloud Home

I’m a fresh owner of My Cloud Home 3TB and I have several questions at the begining. Unfortunately, I was not able to find more details for these. Firstly, sorry if I duplicate someone’s thread.

1. Is there a way how to share my folders with other users in windows (possibilities to work with content via explorer)? I know there is an option to share some content and folders by „share link“ but that’s not the way I’m looking for.

2. I would like to know a current usage of CPU and RAM on my device. Is it possible somehow?

3. Can I increase a performance of the NAS by reducing a number of users? Currently there are two users. Is worth it to compile current two users into one user?

4. NAS is still making some noise like reading although nobody of us used that for a long time (tens hours) even there should not be any task behind.

5. How can I set „a sleep time“ to schedule working hours? For example during a night.

6. How to turn off the indexing files on my cloud?

7. How can I open and work with MS Office documents on my mobile app or browser? Currently there is no option to open a file with my installed Word for example.

8. When I tried to copy my main folder which contains 34 T files and 700 folders from my external WD disk to my cloud via USB 3.0 there was not any information once the transfer was finished and later I found out there were not copied all files and folders. There is difference about 30 files and folders and now I’m trying to realize what has caused this issue.

BTW: I think lot of people have the same questions maybe it would be great to add these ones to FAQ page.

Thanks for any advice!

@FxFilip

1) The local LAN accessible network shares cannot be accessed remotely

2) Unlike the My Cloud product line that support many features of a traditional NAS (as we all know it), the My Cloud Home does not allow the end user to monitor CPU and Memory usage.

3) Increasing the number of users invited to a My Cloud Home should not decrease performance. What performance issues are you attempting to resolve?

4) My Cloud Home internal processes are running and may be causing the disk heads to read/write or the disk heads are seeking.

5) System Sleep Time is not supported on My Cloud Home

6) Disable Cloud Indexing or Cloud Service is not supported on My Cloud Home

7) As of today, the native mobile and browser client does not support the native MS documents.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=19593

8) USB Import (Backup) notifications should have been pushed via the mobile app

OR