Backup From External USB/WD Sync

Hello,

Just bought WD Mirror 6TB.

Currently in the middle of Time Machine backup from Macbook Pro - 2 days and counting!

I’m wondering if anyone can help as Im wanting to also backup a 1TB external hard drive to MyCloud. It’s my entire music library/music storage and I’d ideally like it synced so whenever I plug it into my Mac Book it will update any changes to MyCloud and I’ll have a backup. So far I’m struggling to find a way to do this without just manually copy and pasting/overwriting every time to my cloud drive.

Am I able to to select a whole external drive through WD Sync? I’m currently trying to sync all the default folders (Videos, Pictures etc) which sync started but now doesn’t seem to be completing. Not sure if its clashing with the Time Machine backup which is still running its initial backup or not. Also came up with a load of errors as it didn’t like some of the file names in My Documents, and now the setting options have disappeared from the toolbar dropdown at the top.

Anyone got advice for these issues?

Perhaps it would be best to send an E-mail to WD Support about this. You can do so in the following link:

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Try to provide as many details as possible related to the way you would like to sync your files and what you have tried so far. They may request additional information if needed.