Audio/video sync

Please fix audio/video sync issues with mp4 files

fix the ecoding of your MP4 files, its not the players fault.

It’s not true, with firmware 1.01 there is no sync issue. Please, fix it in the next firmware!

are you testing the same files that you played with that firmware and now its out of sync?

or are you using a newer file?

an did you create the video file yourself?

The audio sync was working in earlier firmware versions. I do test the same files and I did encode them myself. Winamp, WMP, VLC all play them fine. I fail to see how the player is not at fault. I’m not spending weeks converting hundrends of mp4 files to mkv.

kapperz wrote:

The audio sync was working in earlier firmware versions. I do test the same files and I did encode them myself. Winamp, WMP, VLC all play them fine. I fail to see how the player is not at fault. I’m not spending weeks converting hundrends of mp4 files to mkv.

This.

There’s usually nothing wrong with the streams in an MP4 container, as putting them in an MKV container instantly solves the sync problem.  If it were an encoding issue, the sync would still be off regardless of container.

Sync is definitely worse when running the 1.01.17 firmware.  When running the 1.01.11 firmware I rarely had such severe sync issues.  Now I’m having to convert every MP4 file to MKV prior to playback, which is massively irritating for me and more so for my wife who, understandably, doesn’t see why it’s necessary.

I experience the audio/video sync problem while playing .mp4 files using WDTV Live too.  They are fine with VLC, MPC on computers. But with WDTV the audio stream is 3-7 sec behind video.  I think WD already recognized this because they advised users to press < > buttons to adjust the delay (10 ms for each press). But it never worked for me !!!

1.01.17 firmware

Very annoying :angry:

hi guys got same problems bought wd hdlive last weekend worked fine all week until i plugged it into the net tonight it did a firmware upgrade to 1.01.17 and now none of my mp4 play audio is wayyyy out of sync tech support says it aint firmware related yeah right !!!

should have bought the ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 :angry:smileymad::angry:

I downgrade to 1.01.00 and it work fine now

hi xturkix where did you find the 1.0.1.00 firmware ive been looking for it and cant find it anywhere

can you post the url or a link cheer

I am having the same problem.

I previously owned a WD-TV and bought a new WD TV Live box.

I did this to get rid of my USB drive and to install and use a new Media Server.

The install was easy and I have been streaming videos over my home network with no issue until now.

I tried a concert film – MJ - This is it – in AVI ormat and it was great. No issues.

I then tried The Hangover in MPEG-4 format and the sync problem happened.

It was so annoying we could not watch the film.

The audio was 5 - 10 seconds behind the video which just made it impossible to watch.

I started troubleshooting the Media Server, the Network, and finally settled on the WD TV LIVE box.

This thread explained the issue to me.

I am going to convert the film into a different format and see if the problem goes away…

By the way, when I play the file on my PC without the WDTV Live Box it works fine…

Please fix this problem WD ASAP!

1.01.00 can be downloaded at:

http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=7256

you need to register (free) before you can download.

It is also an issue on MKV files also…

I agree, I have an issue with mkv’s aswell as mp4’s.

Note as I have posted before, the issue is less when Live is set to stereo and goes through the TV, than if it is Digital, through an Optical cable to an amp.

Also DVD rips have less of an issue than BR’s. (On my setup anyway)

You can find the all official firmware on the following link:

http://b-rad.geg0r.de/index.php?dir=official-firmware%2F

xturkix Thanks for link will download and give it a try I recoded most of my mp4 into mkv files with the MKVtoolnix only took about 2 mins each just set up a job list and let it go did all over night and they play ok with no sync probs if i set audio to stereo but i get no sound at all if its on digital

but i think ill still downgrade :smiley::smiley:

I have noticed this problem for the first time yesterday with a MKV file with 1080P content and DTS sound track.

It seemed to get more out of sync as time went by.

After playing around with a couple of things, I noticed that changing the audio track from DTS to AC3 and back to DTS fixes it for a while. It will get out of sync again as time goes by though…

So I don’t believe it’s an encoding issue, but rather a decoding issue.

hi,

in some cases renaming the file extention to m4v will resolve the audio sync issue.

well i just upgraded firmware to latest 1.01.24 and sync prob for mp4 seems to be fixed along with audio problem when trying to use the digital out finaly thanks WD better late than never:smiley::smiley: