Already 4 WD Green drives that died shortly after warranty

Just today I noticed that a WD30EZRX-00DC0B0 Green drive is about to fail. Like all 3 other WD Green drives that failed as well in 2016 this drive was bought in 2013 so no warrranty anymore. The pattern is always the same: first indication is an increase of raw read error rate and general slowdown of the drive speed. At this point it is still possible to pull of the data, tho the system will freeze sometimes. Pending and reallocated sectors will show up later on.
All these drives have been used according to instructions and have not been abused. They were NOT installed in a NAS or part of a raid array. the drives simply served as storage for regular backups once a month!
Support was not very helpful at all with the attitude “bad luck, not our problem” and show no mercy or at least give a little compensation, like for example discount code for WD store.
In the past years I kept buying many WD drives but after the events of last year I will really avoid the WD drives since they (lately) seems to have reliability issues.

This is most unfortunate. We have forwarded your feedback to the corresponding departments for investigation purposes.

Not that I really expected somebody from WD to contact me or even care about my problem. Just wanna report back that, as expected, nothing has happened.
I am done with WD and their “support” that not even deserve to be called so. Not the first time I got a headache over this. But enough is enough with the high failure rate of the green drives and nobody cares about it.
We move our disks step by step to Seagate. Just installed three ST8000AS0002 today.
Bye-Bye WD :stuck_out_tongue: