Admin User & Password

Question - unable to log in on the UI, had to do a soft rest (paper clip). This then allowed me to access to the WD MC UI.

How ever how do i create a new Admin & Admin password. Unable to find anything in the user manual.

There is no Admin user in the shares being shown?

Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks.

Reboot the My Cloud first, then reboot the computer you are using to access the My Cloud, then try again.

Thanks. Will try.

Another question - when attempting to log on to the device via http://www.mycloud.com/ it come comes back with no devices found contact owner or admin.

I know that the device is there but can access it via the web. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Have tried and no admin user details avilable.

You are saying that no user shows a check mark next to the name that shows them as the administrator. See image below.

Who set the My Cloud up? That person would be the one that should have the check mark. They would have to have created a My Cloud account using an email address and password. See info below copied from Dashboard Help (?).

About Users

Everyone who accesses your personal cloud must have a user account for the My Cloud drive. As the My Cloud owner, you have a special user account (admin) that gives you administrator privileges. With these privileges, you can set up and configure the drive to your specific needs, as well as add other people to your personal cloud. You have the power to determine exactly what other users can access on the drive.

As a default, the admin user name does not have a password. You can add one anytime.

Important: When initially setting up your drive, you have the opportunity to change the administrator name and set an optional password while running the My Cloud setup software or Getting Started wizard. Make sure you keep track of the name and password. You won’t be able to display the My Cloud web interface without those credentials.

As the administrator for the My Cloud drive, you can:

Add users. How to
Add or edit user passwords.  How to
View user info.  How to
Change a user's access to a share.  How to
Remove users.  How to
Change someone's user name and password.  How to

cat0w
USA