Added new hdd to 2nd bay of mycloud ex2. HELP

i have recently put a matching 6TB hdd into the 2nd bay of my ex2, since doing this i have a red LED displayed for the 2nd bay, i made sure the hdd was the same make and model as the one in bay1, i have gone into the software settings and can see no way of adding the 2nd hdd although i can see information on it and it does come up in disk status,

the summary page shows capacity for only bay 1

what am i missing? im no expert at all with all of this.

can anyone assist??

I do have both but in this case im using an ex2 (not the ultra)

ok so judging by this it seems that im unable to add my second 6tb hdd without losing the original data from the 1st hdd?

i have a wd red 6tb hdd in bay one at capacity (hence buying the second hdd) its configured in JBOD
I thought i could just add a 2nd hdd and it would at least prompt me to setup.

im more confused now lol.

also if this matters the power LED indicator is now red (matching the 2nd hdd LED.

the first hdd works fine, could i perhaps take out hdd one and two replace 2 in ones place just to be able setup? the restore one and hopefully restore 2 to the second bay?

this is very helpful, so i went through the steps but my issue now is that it doesn’t give me an option to deselect volume 1 (this is the primary drive that i wish to keep the data from) it seems to want to configure them both? i went all the way to the end of the process where it tells you all drives displayed will be reformatted (volume 1 and volume 2).

do you think if i took out volume 1 and tried the process with just volume 2 on there that it could work?

Finally managed to get it to work, thanks soo much, you mentioned

and it being easy to fix? thats my only issue at the moment. i have to try to map everything again

thats exactly it, one is public and the other is called public_2. so i should delete the blank share public folder and rename the one with content?

what a time i have had, ok so its not possible to delete the public folder at all. i cant seen to be able to navigate the server via my tv (as i used to before the addition) all that happens is it shows one folder thats empty and its on the 2nd hdd (the new one) theres no way to find the old stuff as it does not show public_2 folder.

its not a problem for my laptop or my kodi setup, just on my tvs around the house

that was my first idea but it doesn’t allow renaming at all? very frustrating