Access WD TV Live HTTP Server Remotely

I would like to access the HTTP server on a WD TV Live Hub remotely.  On the local network, the HTTP server is available at the local static IP address, 192.168.1.30.  After appropriately forwarding port 80 on the router to 192.168.1.30, remote access to the WD TV Live HTTP server via my home network’s public IP address fails with a “403 forbidden” status code.  The status code indicates that the HTTP server was reached, but access was declined.  Presumably, the WD TV Live HTTP server is denying requests from outside the local network (probably only allowing from 192.168.0.0/16).  I assume a change to mod_authz_host, an .htaccess file, or something similar in the firmware would allow remote requests.  This issue appears to be independent of browser, operating system, or router.  Remote access to other HTTP and file servers on the network is succesful.

1. Does anyone know of a convenient way to access the HTTP server remotely, short of tunneling or VPNing into the local network.

2. Should future firmwares allow remote access to the HTTP server?  I would argue that the decision to allow remote access should be up to the user, and controlled via port forwarding.  

Thanks for your help.

Access is forbidden from the remote location because that port is used by the WD Photos / Mobile Access feature.

I’ve not tried it, but if you have “Mobile Access” enabled on the hub, turn it off and see if that changes it.

Doubtful that future firmware will change that.

Just curious:  Given how limitted the WebUI is, why do you want to access it remotely?