A few questions

I have my WD HUB hooked up by lan, and all my external USB drives connected to USB hubs, that are connected to a laptop.

Everything works okay, but I really don’t want to tie my laptop up as a media server to what should already be one (the WD HUB).

I understand, frustratingly so, that the WD HUB has at this point in time, no USB hub support.

My questions are, Did the WD HUB ever have USB hub support (say in an older firmware version)? If no, thanks. If Yes? Which version number was it? And is it possible to downgrade to that firmware version? What would I lose out on, if I did downgrade fw, so I can decide if it is worth it.

USB HUBs have *ALWAYS* been supported.

What has NOT been supported was the connection of more than ONE HDD per USB port… and that has never been supported on the Hub or anything older.  

The new WDTV Live Streaming Media Player *does* support multiple USB disks per USB port; I have personally tested up to four.

“The new WDTV Live Streaming Media Player *does* support multiple USB disks per USB port; I have personally tested up to four.”

ummm. Now that is interesting. That would be so useful, actually I would say brilliant…