3TB MyCloud

Hi community,

I have a 3TB unit since a year ago as home backup system for 6 computers. It has never worked great but backups were properly done and our music centrally available.

Since about a month ago performance has degradated seriously to the point that backups were not happening. When i realized, I searched for options in the forum but foundnothing. I did the 40s reset in case it was a config problem. Not a good idea. The system is so slow that I have not been able to configure it again after more than 20h! Iā€™ve been able to do a few things -open the ssh, setting up the Twonky server-.Ā 

Now Iā€™m not able to enter in the web scorecard, so I cannot configure Users or shares. The window just shows a blank scorecard with the message ā€œInitializing deviceā€ for more than 24 hours ā€¦

Iā€™m able to log as root thru ssh, but Iā€™m not a linux expert, although Iā€™m comfortable enough with it.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance for your help

Luis

BTW, I sent a message to WD support 2 days ago, but no answer so far

BTW2, Was i too optimistic thinking that a prestigious company like WD would deliver decent quality products?

what firmware version?Ā 

with a lot of media files it can take a very long time to re-index and build thumbnails after the system only restore. and some versions make this even worse

you could try entering the 2 command below in SSH. this dosnā€™t make any permement changes, they will restart at reboot. If it gets much better my suspision above is correct and it will just take time. to re-enable them either reboot the mycloud or change stop to start in the commands below

/etc/init.d/wdmcserverd stop
/etc/init.d/wdphotodbmergerd stop

it stopping the services does not improve performance within 30 minutes then enter the top command in SSH and post the results

1 Like

Hi larryg0

fw is 4.01, updated in November. For some reason 4.02 failed to load, both manually and automatically.

Iā€™ve stopped both services and after some time it enters into the scoreboard.Iā€™ve restarted both services and apparently I can navigate through the web page.

Thanks so far!

Iā€™ve tried to upgrade the fw to the latest version, but with no success. Any operation I do through the web is extremelly slow (i.e. changing language is taking >5min and doesnā€™t make it :frowning:

Any sugestions?

the dashboard never responds fast, until thing settle down it is painfully slow

4.00xxx seemed to be the worse 4.01.xxx seemed ok

now Iā€™m getting the following error in the web browser:

• Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200005)

• Unknown error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance. (200000)

• Your last operation timed out. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200001)

• settings_hdd_standby_time_form_error

• settings_device_timezone_form_error

• settings_remote_access_settings_toggle_form_error

• settings_device_led_form_error

• get_media_server_connected_list_timeout

• settings_media_toggle_dlna_service_form_error

• get_media_server_database_timeout

• get_media_server_connected_list_timeout

• ssh_form_error

• get_internet_access_timeout

• factory_restore_form_error

• settings_time_machine_form_error

• network_ftp_form_error

• network_workgroup_form_error

• settings_device_ntp_form_error

• network_lan_configuration_form_error

• settings_toggle_itunes_service_form_error

• firmware_info_form_error

• factory_restore_form_error

• diagnostics_tests_form_error

• ssh_form_error

• usb_devices_form_error

• network_ftp_form_error

• auto_system_updates_form_error

• network_ftp_form_error

• diagnostics_tests_form_error

Question: Have you ever made a Safepoint to backup your My Cloud?