2tb Gen 2 Mycloud Drive Revving up and down constantly

Weird problem, I Think I’m losing my mind. My streaming was super slow to a stall after a power outage. I have a UPS and the history said the lan went down, but the drive never powered down, so I ruled out the power outage. I noticed My drive kept trying to spin up, so I looked in the GUI and I Had a drive failed warning. I deleted all the partitions and started from scratch restoring the firmware and still the same problem. So I installed a different 2 TB drive and still had the revving up condition. I pulled the splitter off and plugged the external drive alone into the USB and replaced the power adapter. I disabled cloud access and Itunes since I don’t use them anyway. It can never be simple for me . I hope some day Western Digital can make something that works without problems. I thought I had it fixed using A UPS to eliminate drive killing power downs, but it still dies on me. If a company thinks they are going to sell more product by making inferior products forcing customers to buy again. They are wrong, the next better thing that comes along, customers will leave and never! come back. I suggest to Simplify, get rid of this crappy disk driven firmware and go hard ware driven firmware like it should be. People will still buy your drives then. Otherwise they will give up on you completely.

What did the warning say and what color was the front LED when you saw this or do you remember? What was showing under device? See images below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

The Diagnostics box said “Caution” and clicking on that said “Drive Failure” at the bottom. The led was still blue steady. I think it was the main board or the 1 amp Adapter. I changed to 1.5 amp adapter and swapped the board, it’s been working ever since. I connected the old drive before I re-cased it to test it and the caution warning came back. The drive may have failed from continually revving. The NAS is in the basement so I didn’t notice what it was doing.