10TB Drives in DL2100 or DL4100

Hey there - I’m considering purchasing a few of the 10TB WD Gold Drives to replace my existing 4 and 6TB drives in my DL2100 and DL4100. Can I get confirmation that they will be supported at all?
Thanks
Wayne

I am using Seagate 10 TB drives on my DL4100

There is a compatibility list you can check;
click on the below “Support” link.
it should bring you to the page.

https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=2704&lang=en#WD_compatibility

Yeah - they didn’t mention the 10TB WD Gold Drives. I’ve been running them now since January without any issues. The drive temperature is identical to another NAS in the same rack that has 4 x 4TB drives, performance is fine. I’m happy over all.

Sorry to revive an old thread… But has anyone tested 14TB WD Red NAS drives yet with the DL series?

Hi SBSfaq,

Did you ever upgrade your DL4100 to 10TB WD Gold Drives?

I’m looking to update my Qty 4, 6TB drives to the largest drive capacity that works. I saw someone post they they are using the Seagate 10TB drives in DL4100. Were you successful in upgrading your DL4100, if so may I ask how you did it?

Thanks,

Ancestral

Yes - I did back in January 2018 - and it worked fine. I have however decommissioned the DL4100 now in favour of Synology DS 1819+ NAS as I needed more space than what the DL4100 could provide.

What type of Seagate 10 TB drives are you using in your DL4100?

I was not using Seagate drives - was using the WD 10TB Gold Drives in my DL4100

Hi SBSfaq,

What was the process of expanding the capacity of your DL4100 to 10TB WD Gold drives? I can’t find anything on my internet searches on this topic.

Ancestral

I didn’t - I had another DL4100 that was half full. I moved all content off one DL4100 to the other and then setup the empty one as a new RAID pack, and then moved the content back over to it.