1.05.47 thread it's no more sticked..... it's no more firmware update or

…a new updated firmware it’s been released in future ??

Good question

1 Like

I think that Play is pritty much dead

1 Like

foetus wrote:

oh… great solution and **bleep**ty support by WD… happy custom firmware 4 ever.

DjDiabolik wrote:

foetus wrote:

oh… great solution and **bleep**ty support by WD… happy custom firmware 4 ever.

No one from WD replied, or said that there would not be any updates. foetus was expressing an opinion (which is probably correct), but the answer is none of us on a user board know if and when their would be new FW for any of the products. What solution are you looking for? You did not ask any quesitons except if a new FW would be released.

-P

Forum started 18. February 2013.

Last and if I remmember correctly, only update - FW 1.05.47 - publishing date 25. March 2013.

2+2=5

1 Like

I’m with the previous, WD has removed a legacy of old components when I take this model to the market, it will not allocate resources in any way, this says a lot about WD, sorry my English (google translator), do not expect a response that there will never the hide as well and just jump four colleagues caught attempting to shopping WD, not even worth discussing or expect anything from a company so, in my country (Spain) is even more disastrous for the inattention of WD, greetings and resignation for two nonsense even serves the appliance, I’ll eat it with potatoes

surfcaster wrote:

I’ll eat it with potatoes

Oh, my word.

foetus wrote:

Forum started 18. February 2013.

Last and if I remmember correctly, only update - FW 1.05.47 - publishing date 25. March 2013.

2+2=5

I will be clear… the WD TV Play used AT SIMPLE XVID and X264 (if we used all correct setting to compress you file) player it’s a GOOD SOLUTION at a lowest PRICE.

I ever use a PEN DRIVE connected to usb port and i never found a file not readable from this player (after i check the mediainfo on PC)… a firmware update is not vital… for now.

I hope when x265 it’s officially released the WD WAKE UP and comes out whit a new firmware supported this newest codec.

As I see it, right now all WD HD TV media players are at dead end. We are all praying for new Android based WD player.

foetus wrote:

As I see it, right now all WD HD TV media players are at dead end. We are all praying for new Android based WD player.

Yeah :slight_smile: I have buyed a Raspberry for other motive some week ago… i have try the XMBC and it’s better than wd tv play 4 example.

DjDiabolik wrote:

Yeah :slight_smile: I have buyed a Raspberry for other motive some week ago… i have try the XMBC and it’s better than wd tv play 4 example.

I thought you were " quite satisfied" with the WDTV Play?  :smileyvery-happy:

And a Raspberry Pi is Super Expensive !  :wink:    

DjDiabolik quotes : A complete Raspberry it’s most expensive than WD TV Play … I am quite satisfied about my WD TV Play…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Play-Discussions/WD-TV-Play/m-p/579084#M752

Joey, are you stalcking DD? 

:joy_cat:

nup, just commenting  :stuck_out_tongue:

here’s my 1st (old) RPi running “Refocus” on Eden :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoOoNuZgGlo

COOL

I am staying away from RPi and PCs in general.

Hub is still No1 media player for me.

foetus wrote:

COOL

I am staying away from RPi and PCs in general.

Hub is still No1 media player for me.

Yeah, i still use my Live Hub a lot … but i like to tinker with other media devices a lot as well :smiley:

funny experiment … i wondered if the Live Hub’s usb would have enough amps to power my RPi … so i plugged in and it worked ! then proceeded to stream (via ethernet cable from the Hub to the Pi) the contents of the Hub’s internal HDD through my RPI … worked pretty sweet :smiley:

**bleep**,that’s why I am staying away. After a years of fixing laptops and PCs, game consols and networks for whole familly and friends, now I am playing dumb :slight_smile:

JoeySmyth wrote:

DjDiabolik wrote:

I thought you were " quite satisfied" with the WDTV Play?  :smileyvery-happy:

And a Raspberry Pi is Super Expensive !  :wink:    

DjDiabolik quotes : A complete Raspberry it’s most expensive than WD TV Play … I am quite satisfied about my WD TV Play…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Play-Discussions/WD-TV-Play/m-p/579084#M752

Lol… i have buy my Raspberry about two month ago after i buy the WD TV Play… after check the mediainfo of a .avi or .mkv/mp4 file i never found problems with my WD TV Play, it’s good media player.

I have buyed a Raspberry for many other reasons… for example using a browser using my tv or my wi-fi… better support on youtube… or better support for all other streaming services over internet :slight_smile:

The WD TV Play it’s good player but IT’S ONLY and SIMPLY a MEDIA PLAYER… all other things it’s completely useless and it’s no fully supported by WD (like youtube api 4 exaple… it’s completely **bleep** support).