Need help new mycloud and frustrated

I was very excited when I read about what my cloud can do, but im quickly getting frustrated.

1. I bought the drive to stream video on my tablet when I travel. I often get an error 904 cant find device.

(i try signing on via app through registeration code, signing on through web site neither work)

1. my ip address keeps changing on its own and I have to  adjust for the Mycloud desktop software to work… why is this happening?

2. I have some questions about the mycloud desktop software that really are not answered in the FAQ or help guide.             - I have multiple users set up My user account has a green check next to it why

• I have 3 devices set up under my user profile (tablet, phone and pc) each one has a red x next to it with a clock icon. does this mean they are not set up correctly. I have tried to remove and set up numerous ways via code and manual setup and cant get it to have the green check like the pc

-some user acounts get a java error while signing in via computer even though they have the correct version of java why

the device works great when im on the network but trying to access off site is when i run into problems. someone please help me this unit was a saving grace for me but quickly turning ugly

1. this is probably an issue with the router. set the mycloud to a static IP outside of the DHCP pool on the router. this may also solve issue 1 and the issues below. A static IP is always better for network resources

2. the green check is the admin user and the only one allowed to sign into the dashboard

1 Like

As posted by larryg0 you can use a static address or if your router allows you can reserve an address for it. See example image below showing reserving an address.

When devices are found and setup they should look like this in your Dashboard.

Here is a link to the User Manual. It should help you in setting up your My Cloud.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)