YouTube not connecting!

Since i upgrade to the beta version 1.2.19, youtube is not working it says (no content) anybody have this problem !! Somebody have a solution !! thanks :mansad:

piko72 wrote:

Since i upgrade to the beta version 1.2.19, youtube is not working it says (no content) anybody have this problem !! Somebody have a solution !! thanks :mansad:

Is that no content at all. What firmware did you have before? If you had .17 as per your sig. then this upgrade includes .24 which stopped a lot of content from being played on TV boxes, it also stopped HD videos.

I’ve got 1.01.24 and all of YouTube says “No Content” with the exception of trying to login then it says “Cannot Connect to YouTube, Unkown Network Error” this has persisted through multiple reboots, reset to factory defaults and hardware resets…gave up trying to fix it, great feature…

Can you connect to Flickr or the free live365 stations.

Haven’t tried Flickr or Radio, will let you know.

Hi,

i´ve had the same problem.

make a cold restart of the WDTV and try it again.

Bye,

Felix

If you have issues with the prerelease / beta firmwares, post them in the associated thread for that specific firmware.

Otherwise, nobody on the WD firmware team will know about your issue.

The correct thread is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WD-TV-Live-Firmware-Pre-release-Update-3-17-10/td-p/14919

My issue is not with the pre-release, it’s with the current full release.

Also, Flickr has no content or Free 365, I’d upgrade to the pre-release but I value my MKV sync too much.

broken wrote:

Also, Flickr has no content or Free 365, I’d upgrade to the pre-release but I value my MKV sync too much.

There is something wrong with your network as it appears that you cannot connect to the internet. Go to Network setting and see what happens when you click ‘Check Connection’.

broken wrote:

My issue is not with the pre-release, it’s with the current full release.

My reply was to the thread starter, who mentions that he’s running the prerelease.  :)

I solved my issue anyhow. It turns out that the WD Live’s “Auto” Network Setup decided for some reason to select the wrong Gateway and DNS, instead of 192.168.0.1 as one might expect it populated both Gateway and DNS fields with 192.168.0.200, which happens to be a wireless switch on my network.

Anyhow, if you run into this, ensure that you manually tweak the Network Settings. The info that Flickr, Internet Radio and YouTube all weren’t working led me to believe it was a DNS issue with the WD Live.