Youtube App

Who knows if the youtube app not longer work after april on WDTV Live?

Regards,

1 Like

At this moment no official information is available. Western Digital normally proceeds to properly notify when a service is to no longer be supported.

2 Likes

My regular Youtube stopped working yesterday with no videos available except the Youtube warning about the device not being supported.  In addtion, the leanback Youtube locks up the box within a few minutes.   I think it fair to say that Youtube is not supported by the WDTV live streaming.

1 Like

Hello 

We have passed this along to support.

1 Like

Hi I have the same problem with my two WDTV Live Streaming devices. My wife was using one of them primarily for viewing videos on YouTube. It would be disappointing if there would not firmware upgrade to resolve the issue.

My WDTV smp is also getting the “no longer supported” notice when trying for a Movie Trailer.  (the trailer app in the Flixter app still works.)  The odd thing is that when I go to Youtube’s site on my computer and look at the page they suggest (youtube/devicesupport) it says specifically that the WDTV is NOT affected.

Thank you reporting the issue with the YouTube App in WD TV.

Certain older YouTube apps will no longer be supported by YouTube after April 2015. For more info, please visit: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?p=yt_devicesupport.

The YouTube Leanback App is still fully functional in the WD TV Media Players.