Xvid files not playing on the media player

So i have a couple of files that the video compression is XVID. they show on my WD media player but it says to consult the user manual on how to convert the file. The files aren’t even over 1GB so i don’t think that’s the problem

so i am wondering if there is any thing to add to the WD media player (that I do not have to go out and buy) or if there is a program that will convert the files so that they will play on the device.

I really don’t know much about the machine. my ex boyfriend used to do all the stuff on it to make it work properly and we aren’t on speaking terms so I can’t even call him to ask him how to do it.

i have the current firmware also

help please.

edit:/ I am also getting a “cannot aggregate” message when i plug in my portable hard drive. files will still play.

i have tried ejecting it and rejecting it. tried switching it to another USB port.

:expressionless:

There are many programs that will convert the video files, including the software that came with the device.  If you don’t have access to the disk, there are many freeware solutions that people can point you to (everyone seems to have their favourite).

Do you have the disc?

The “cannot aggregate” warning usually comes up when the drive is too full… the WDTV HD tends to need a certain amount of free space on the drive.

Without knowing any more than that, I would suggest you try HANDBRAKE and convert them to MKV files with h.264 video.

As to CANNOT AGGREGATE:  There must be plenty of free space on the drive, and it must not be write-protected.