USB problems

Ok, so first when I bought WDTV I plugged in my USB and it said:‘’ Storage can not aggregate’', I couldn’t play any of my files.

I googled and converted USB from FAT32 to NTFS. Strange thing happened. There is no more message ‘’ Storage can not aggregate’’ but it looks like WDTV is having troubles recognizing it.

When it’s plugged in and when I go to Video>All Videos> there comes a message that there is no media.

So I must go to the Video>Video folder >And play my files from there which again wont play.

I read here that solution could be to delete hidden folder .wdtv. But I can’t find it! Can someone help please?

Thanks

How big is this device you’re using?

I’m assuming that when you did the conversion that you also properly formatted the drive?

Storage Cannot Aggregate is usually an indication that the drive is too full to create the media library.

If you can’t find the .wd-tv folder, then that probably means that the WDTV hasn’t been able to create it yet.

Its 4GB Kingston USB.

And yes, .wd-tv folder appeared after I converted it, I found out that just now when I plugged the USB in my pc, I deleted the folder but it still wont play any files.

Drive has like 50% of free space. And again, Storage Cannot Aggregate is not displayed any more after I did conversion it just still wont play files.

Ok, now for the obvious question:  Are you sure the WDTV will PLAY the files?

Post the mediainfo text for one of them.

Ok, I just used my external HDD, plugged it into WDTV and the same files worked! My other USB with 8GB capacity is working normal also…Don’t really know what was the problem with 4GB one.

rajto wrote:

Ok, I just used my external HDD, plugged it into WDTV and the same files worked! My other USB with 8GB capacity is working normal also…Don’t really know what was the problem with 4GB one.

A 4 GB thumb drive won’t usually be allowed to reformat in NTFS.  If you forced it, you may have damaged the partition.  You don’t really need NTFS on that drive anyway because you’ll never use a file larger than 4 GB’s.  Reformat it back to FAT 32, or just FAT, and see if it works now.