Xtreamer instead of wdtv

if you are pissed off because of the wd quality management and their bad customer orientation maybe you should take a look at http://www.xtreamer.net/xtreamer/specs.aspx. The price is the same

First thing I notice is that it doesn’t do ISO.

yep, some people use iso’s

Actually the Xtreamer’s DO support both DVD and BluRay ISO containers as of Firmware 2.4

They also OFFICIALLY support HD Audio Passthrough - (For Xtreamer Pro and Sidewinder models only ) This version adds 7.1 Audio Passthrough for DTS-Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus.

From page 10 of the user manual:

Video :
ASF / AVI / DIVX / FLV / IFO / ISO / M2P / M2TS / M2V / M4V / MKV /

Supported File Formats:

MOV / MP4 / MPEG / MPG / MTS / RMVB / TP / TRP / TS / VOB / WMV

Video Codecs
XVID SD/HD / MPEG1, VCD 1.0/2.0, SVCD / HD MPEG2 (up to MP@HL1080i), ISO/IFO/VOB/TS / HD MPEG4
SP/ASP(720p/1080i/1080p), Xvid / H.264 BP@L3, HP@4.1 / WMV9/VC-1 AP@L3 / RealVideo 8/9/10, up to 720@30P /
DviX3/4/5/6 (Licensee Only)

Audio Formats :
AAC / AC3 / DTS / FLAC / FLC / M3U / M3U8 / M4A / MP1 / MP2 / MP3 / MPA / MPC / OGG / PCM / RA / RM / WAV / WMA
Dolby® Digital Plus, TrueHD / DTS HD Master Audio, High Resolution, LBR / 7.1 down-mix / WMAWMA Pro, Dolby® Digital AC3 and DTS® (Licensee Only) / MPEG I Layer 1, 2, 3 (2-CH) and MPEG II Layer 1, 2 (Multi-Channel) / LPCM,ADPCM, FLAC, AAC, WAV, and OGG Vorbis / RA1/RA-cook/RA-lossless

Image:

HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/MGIF(not act)/PNG/TIFF/TIF / Image HD JPEG with unlimited resolution(40M-pixel tested) / Full-pixel (Progressive JPEG Not support)

Subtitle

SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA, SUB+IDX, “A-S-S”, PGS

Wonder how long before this post gets pulled…

Bertrandr wrote:

Wonder how long before this post gets pulled…

should I accept xtreamer as a solution for wd new fw? I mean there is a button  - accept as a solution : )

Looks awesome… But does it do facebook? *rolls eyes* Haha

i have one that collects dust.  i can’t seem to get pass through working on br isos, and it doesn’t support pass through on mkv’s with embedded hd audio.  it also seems to have a greenish tint to the video, but that may be a settings thing that i can work out.  bottom line is that i have one and use the wd :frowning:

as always ymmv with these issues.

i dont know something about this company xtremer but wd have better experience and can be trusted and support

is great.