XML error: no wixnas object found!

I have checked previous message on this. I have rest my Mybook World II 2T many times and it did not work.

The unit has worked nicely for more than 2 years. And, all of a sudden, all my PC’s can not access the netowork drive.  I tried everything I read on this forum and none of it work, including factor reset, direct connection to PC. However, my LG HDTV can still stream the video via DNLA so I know the hard drives are still alive.

When I access via IP address, I got the following message: XML error: no wixnas object found! 

If I use http://mybookworld, I got : XML error: no wixnas object found! Warning: Unknown(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I can ping the unit with its IP address and it responds well. The unit shows up my McAfee security system with correct IP address.

Please help. The NAT contains very important files. I need to retrieve them.

Did you tried simply pressing the reset button on the back of the my book.

I had reset the unit more than 3 times.

The reset did not work at all. 

For those who having the same problem, you will need a level 2 technical support.

The technical support person was located in San Diego and was very helpful. After he removely accessed my computer for about 30 minutes, he concluded it was a firmware corruption. He could pin the unit and get prompt responses. But, the computer access was always denied. Resetting the unit several times did not help.

Because my unit was still under warranty, he promptly schedule a replacement at no cost of me.

The data was safe despite of the interface issue. So, even you can not access your drive, you should not be worried.

If your unit is out of warranty, you need to purchase a replacement unit. The data retrieval should have benn easy. But, I took a long path because I was worried about the safety my data. I asked the IT engineer in my company to use his Macbook to access this drive. This is not straightforward. He needed to download a Oracle software before he could run Linux emulator. After that, he could see the drive via a USB-Sata adaptor and copied the files to another hard drive.

So, my advice is to simply obtain a replacement unit. After that, you need to call technical service again to get instruction to transfer the data. It could be as simple as inserting the old drive into one of slots of the new unit. But, I am not sure.