Wont connect to router

My WD Live Tv will not connnect via LAN. It will connect wireless. It was connected fine up to the last update and now it wont connect anymore. Is this a common problem or is it just me?

Have you tried resetting the player?

Yes… took a paper clip and inserted it into the hole and it did reset. Same result. It is very frustrating.

Do you have link lights on both ends of the ethernet cable? Did you try assigning a static ip?

Yes…I have two lights. One solid Yellow and the other is flashing green . I am not sure how to assign a static ip.

When I check my connection I get a green check mark beside IP address but I get red X beside DNS and internet connection.

Have you tried rebooting the router?

Yes…reboot, reboot, reboot. I cant tell you how many times I rebooted everything. I even swapped out the router for another router…same thing. If I hook up my laptop…no problem. I get internet. If I hook up the WDTV…nothing. I had it working fine and it just quit. I called WD and they sent me a new one. It worked fine and then it quit as well.

You should have mentioned all of this in your first post. Its a bit difficult to give advice if important information is given a bit at a time. Is there any thing else you have omitted to tell us.

At the time is was all the information I had except for the part about WD sending me a new one.

wrobert wrote:

At the time is was all the information I had except for the part about WD sending me a new one.

Are you sure you you have a Live (Gen 2 ) and not a Live SMP? If you have the newer SMP then you are in the wrong forum.  Nevertheless to set a static ip it is located under Settings> Network Setup>Manual.  Enter the desired IP  Gateway address  and DNS.