WMV Files

Just bought WD Elements play 2tb media drive why wont it play my old wmv files that do play on my old WD HD media player also having problems with sound on mkvs that work fine on my old player. Regretting buying this new player already, assumed all the files that work on my old player would work on this one as they both WD. Tried updating firmware and its made no difference, any help would be appreciated

The Elements Play and the WDTV Mini use the Amlogic chipset.

The WDTV HDs and all LIVE products use the Sigma Chipset.

Different chipsets support different codecs.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2698/kw/supported+media/session/L3RpbWUvMTI5NzQ0MTAwMC9zaWQvWkg2WHhtbWs%3D

I’m tired of waiting for the new update, that can read DTS sound of movies in MKV. Start getting extremely unhappy with WD, since there are many brands that read this files.

XheroX wrote:

I’m tired of waiting for the new update, that can read DTS sound of movies in MKV. Start getting extremely unhappy with WD, since there are many brands that read this files.

Why did you buy it when it’s PUBLISHED and DOCUMENTED that DTS is NOT supported?   There is no license for it.   The fault for your unhappiness is your own.

I traded E-mails with WD and they not told me that there was no LICENSE for the DTS FILES.

WD’S RESPONSE WAS THAT THEY WERE INVESTIGATING THE SITUATION AND WHO WERE TRYING TO BE BRIEF TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM ………. I REPORT THE PROBLEM IN NOVEMBER ……… WE are in February and the “short” PAST 3 months. THE PROBLEM THERE IS NO LICENSE FOR THE DTS FILES, IS NOT MINE, NOR NONE OF WD CLIENTS SO I AND ALL OF WD’S CUSTOMERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE DISAPPOINTED WITH WD.

I’m also very disappointed with WD.

I’m an old customer, but this will probably be my last time.

Shame on you WD!