Wireless vs. Wireless Pro

Clearly these two products are different but this forum title is “My Passport Wireless”. The note at the top says to update firmware to 1.07.02, but this is the version for “Wireless” not for “Wireless Pro”. So how many of the issues in this forum are related to one product but not the other? Can we please have a forum for just the “Wireless Pro” so we don’t get confused with issues that pertain only to the “Wireless”!!! ???

So, which one do you have – the original Wireless or the newer Wireless Pro?

Yhe original had a flaw in the way the battery was charged and caused overheating and swelling of the battery to the point of permanent damage. The problem was fixed in the firmware.

The Pro did not have this problem because the problem had been fixed by the time it was released, so ignore the warning if you have the Pro. Pay attention to what is sad about the battery care in the complete user manual for the Pro so you take care of it properly. Those with the original model should read the srticle referred to in the warning and update notice.

I could appreciate the confusion.

Overall, however, the products are indeed very similar in terms of capability, function, and common problems.

The older Wireless is technically obsolete; but I don’t regret having it and I still use it every few months despite having upgraded to the newer version.

I guess there is now a SSD version of the wireless Pro; I don’t hear too much about that unit, however.

I really don’t think the SSD models are selling that well. The lack of comments here attest to that. Folks with the SSD ought to be having many of the same "user issues"Maybe the buyers are not first time buyers of WD wireless drives. Plus, their price is outta sight compared to even the Pro series!

WD ought to reduce the price; they eventually will if my guesses are on target.

I agree.

Skyhigh prices, plus the device is physically too large. The SSD should have seen a significant reduction in form factor compared to the wireless pro.

Complete non-starter. And this is coming from someone who would love to buy this type of device.

I have a 200GB Sandisk Connect Wireless Stick, too. It is size of a flash drive that fits in a pocket. (WD even owns Sandisk now! Go figure.)