Windows 10 KB 3140743 Possible Fix For My Cloud Issue

Microsoft has released KB 3140743 on March 1, 2016.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511

Among the fixes is the following:

“Improved reliability in numerous areas, including OS and Windows Update installation, startup, installing and configuring Windows for the first time, authentication, resuming from hibernation, shutdown, kernel, Start menu, storage, Windows Hello, display modes, Miracast, AppLocker, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge browser, network connectivity and discovery, and File Explorer.”

Also released on March 1, 2016 was KB 3139907.

Servicing stack update for Windows 10 Version 1511

Posted this information to the Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions thread as well.

Installing it now to a Windows 10 PC that had trouble seeing the My Cloud in Windows File Explorer.

Edit to add: Thread title changed. Update applied and so far my Windows 10 test box is now seeing the My Cloud properly under Windows File Explorer. (knock on wood)

Before Update:

After Update:

2 Likes

it fixed the mycloud issue for my laptop updated from windows 8.1 so I think it works as expected

Updated a second Windows 10 PC which also couldn’t see the My Cloud properly under Windows File Explorer and it too now can see the My Cloud post KB 3140743.

Bumping thread to keep it on top so people see it and update their Windows 10 PC’s.

Bumping thread back to top so new users can see it.

After installing both updates I can now see MyCloudMirror under File Explorer Network on Windows 10. Previously, it would only display under Computer. Thanks for all of your work on this issue.

Gary