Windows 10 Can't access mybooklive

Hi all,

For some reason I cannot access WD Mybook Live on my Windows 10 PC anymore. It was working fine and then out of the blue it stopped working. Some more context:

I have a 3TB Mybooklive (MBL), and an 8TB Mycloud (MC).

The MC has no issues - I can access it through the windows explorer (i.e. I can map the drive, I can access it by its IP \192.168.2.117, I can access its UI through the web browser, I can ping it, etc).

The MBL is giving me issues. I am able to ping it, I am able to access its UI through the web browser, but for the life of me I can’t access it through the file transfer. I keep getting the following error:

(Not sure if the screenshot below uploaded, but the error is as follows: The remote device or resource won’t accept the connection. The device or resource (IP) is not set up to accept connections on port “The File and printer sharing (SMB)”

I have gone through and made sure that the following services are running and start automatically with start up:

1. DHCP Client

2. DNS Client

3. Network Connections

4. Network Location Awareness

5. Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

6. Server

7. TCP/IP Netbios helper

8. Workstation

9. Function Discovery Resource Publication,

10. UPnP Device Host services

I have also turned off the windows firewall, and have no other firewalls active currently.

I am running windows 10 Pro, and my MBL has the most current firmware.

Any ideas?!? It’s driving me nuts!

Hi scott.c5398,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.