Cannot access MyBooklive any longer!

I have been using MyBooklive 2TB along with Genie Timeline to backup all my hard disk data . Today the software stopped working as it said MyBookLive drive was no longer accessible and couldnt be backed up to. I can see the MyBooklive drive in Windows Explorer under Network but when I then try to access the drive I get “Windows cannot access \MYBOOKLIVE” and when I then press the Diagnise button I get “The remote device or resource won;t accept the connection”. I am using Windows 10 64 bit. I have tried resetting the drive , switching the drive off and on again as well as trying different ports on my router for the Ethernet cable - none help!

Update: If I access my BT Home Hub, the Mybooklive device is clearly showing up on Port 3 as Connected. However if I go into Windows Explorer it doesnt show up on the main tree view BUT does show up as a ‘Storage’ device in the right hand pane. However if I right click on the device icon and try to either open it or enter the IP address in the address bar then I just get stuck in a loop with nothing happening!

Hi jimgardner,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

The link below will allow you to call support.