Cannot access MyBooklive any longer!

I have been using MyBooklive 2TB along with Genie Timeline to backup all my hard disk data . Today the software stopped working as it said MyBookLive drive was no longer accessible and couldnt be backed up to. I can see the MyBooklive drive in Windows Explorer under Network but when I then try to access the drive I get “Windows cannot access \MYBOOKLIVE” and when I then press the Diagnise button I get “The remote device or resource won;t accept the connection”. I am using Windows 10 64 bit. I have tried resetting the drive , switching the drive off and on again as well as trying different ports on my router for the Ethernet cable - none help!

Update: If I access my BT Home Hub, the Mybooklive device is clearly showing up on Port 3 as Connected. However if I go into Windows Explorer it doesnt show up on the main tree view BUT does show up as a ‘Storage’ device in the right hand pane. However if I right click on the device icon and try to either open it or enter the IP address in the address bar then I just get stuck in a loop with nothing happening!

Hi jimgardner,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.