WiFi signal poor - replace by wifi usb dongle

My WD Live TV have wifi “integrated”, but the signal wifi is very poor.
Can i connect an USB WIFI “dongle” with antenna and deactivate the radio “internal” ?

If your wifi signal is poor (weak) because you have a low bandwidth internet speed, then buying a faster speed can help, but if you have that already, then it is likely due to the distance between router and WDTV. In this case, what is called a “range extender” can strengthen the radio signal between the devices with the range extender placed about midway between the router and WDTV. If distance is too great, even this may not help.

1 Like

Try to use a couple of Homeplugs if your wifi is weak there your WD TV is. One is connected to your router and the other is connected to your WD TV. I use homeplugs at home to get netacces there the wifi signal is to weak.

Dongle is more slower than router I believe in my experience… So improve the router will be my advice

Try purchasing a high speed wifi on this 192.168.10.1 IP Address

Anytime someone complains about wifi router signal, I recommend they attach a Ubiquiti Unifi AP to their router with an ethernet cable and place it on the ceiling of the top floor of their residence. Then turn off the router built-in wifi. It’s better than any home router with 15 antennas hanging off them and it just works much better for signal gain. It’s a low cost solution (around $85) that all your devices will thank you for.

It is best to buy a more expensive router that can transmit the signal for much longer and without losing quality, and as a result, not only will your WD Live TV receive faster Internet, but also all the devices in your house.

Yes, you can purchase a USB WIFI “dongle” with an antenna and get a better signal through your wi-fi router, but I wouldn’t do that. It is best to buy a more expensive router that can transmit a signal for much longer and without losing quality. As a result, your WD Live TV will work better. In general, you should read about the Internet speed and how it can be increased. I learned a lot from an article about mhz vs mbps – for instance, I learned that mhz does not affect Internet speed, which I didn’t know before…