Why is my MyCloud with OS5 so unreliable?

Good. That is what my question about how long the copy process goes before the My Cloud becomes unresponsive was aiming to address, the Drive Sleep feature on the My Cloud or power saving management option for the WiF or network adapter on the computer.

Well it appears that I spoke too soon. I tried my artwork backup to the drive from my Mac and halfway through the drive froze and froze my Mac with it. Having trouble rebooting my Mac now and my source drive (myPassport) is also not responding and can’t be ejected!
I think I’m about done with this POS.

Oh great, tried to run a System Diagnostics full test. It failed and I got this email:

I am beginning to regret choosing a WD NAS device - in my case a My Cloud EX2 Ultra.

I have an intermittent issue (solid red light on HDD1) - so far I have gone from RAID 0 to RAID 1 to protect data and RMA’s a HDD. I’m pretty sure it’s down to flaky firmware as a reboot solves the problem for a few days and I can’t get any of the diagnostics to show a problem. I may just live with the red light or turn the LEDs off altogether if support can’t sort things out.

I went with WD as it is a well known make - BIG mistake.

Similar issue, called support and still having issue. Stays for a while and unable to access the devise. Blue light still stable and restart and unable to use much.

I need help to transfer files from WD my cloud 3TB to a My Passport 4 TB. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Palani

@palanithevar

Have you already tried drag and drop? How is your My Passport connected?

My Cloud OS 5 Online User Manual (wdc.com)

User Manual for second generation WDMYCLOUD.
4779-705147.pdf (wdc.com)

Thanks for your response.
My cloud is not recognising file explorer but My Passport appearing ok. My Could appears than unrecognisable until restarting.
I will try drag files.