Who is still usinging the WD Live Hub? Well, i Do!

Check the topic and please leave a reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I believe there are many Users with a WD TV Live Hub, not many of them are active within the WD Community.

1 Like

still using mine cannot fault it, just changed themes added my own home screen pic, brilliant device

1 Like

Which theme? Screenshots? Would be cool.

some of my background pics…enjoy
http://www.4shared.com/rar/FJh1ZpZqce/Live_Hub_Backgrounds.html

I still use The Hub x 2. One in our Living Room and One in our Theater Room. I have found no reason to switch to any other device yet. Unless they die. Mine work perfect, streaming Netflix, VUDU, Pandora and Weather all still work. I even discovered the Hub plays Dolby Atmos without a glitch!

And before anyone asks yes I run PLEX also on my FireTVs also tried Kodi. They work fine I just don’t see no reason to replace my WDs as yet.

I running a Modified version of the Simple Theme…here is a link for Screenshots…

possible ton upload to wetransfer? for some reason it wont let me download it…

it looks great! Thx for your respond. I only know how to install a theme now. Still dont know which i should choose tho.
I need some examples. Everything should be very clean & nice :wink:

i never really liked the themes imho, i just changed the background image, and dont forget when you add let’s say a folder of mp3’s you can add a picture for it, let’s say for example the rolling stones - Bridges to Babylon album if you google images of that album right click on the image download it to documents or where ever, go into the folder with that pic, right click the pic and rename it folder, then cut and paste that pic into the rolling stones album, when you have done that, you will see that the folder has that image rather than just a folder, the same applies to movies tv shows etc.

It remains a viable device. But the new Android TV Boxes pack a lot of performance and basically convert your TV into a tablet so I have one of those doing my streaming and other things. I now use my WDTV Live Hub as a network drive only (NAS). It’s very good at that and I modified it so it’s doing it quietly.

Had it since release. Haven’t used it in a long while. Last year I pulled the 1TB drive out to upgrade my PS4. Just recently upgraded to 2TB in my PS4 so I wanted to throw this back in the Hub and see if there were any updates and stuff. Still looks nice but a little slow. Tried out Slingbox app but apparently that only works with the old Slingbox models and not the M1 that I have…so there went that. Re-entered my Netflix and Hulu info again.

Have 2 of these, in the process of copying over all my Seinfeld, Curb and King of Queens to the drive and will just throw these in various rooms to watch my fav shows without needing to be connected to network since no wifi on these things. USB 3.0 Sata hard drive adapter is a must have if you like to throw a bunch of files on the drives at once. About 55GBs worth of episodes took only about 12 minutes to copy over. Way better than trying to copy thru network like i used to do back in the day.

Years ago I did make a new wallpaper so my movies viewed like this when going through them.

1 Like

A user here trying to get back in the game :muscle:

The remote control is my biggest setback. My original got corroded. A friend who had an extra one gave it to me and was also corroded. I bought a WD TV Live just to get a control, and it is malfunctioning; I think it is getting corroded as well =|

Well, the biggest setback I (we) have is Western Digital turning its back on this amazing product. It feels like I am on my own.

Now I’m also using the WD TV Live to stream from my PC to my ““smart”” TV. It wasn’t that good, but I’m working on getting my WDTVs back to life.