What wireless USB Adapter will work with TV Live Hub Media Center & Netgear N300 Router

I have a Netgear N300 Model WNR2000 v2 Wireless router and can’t seem to find a Wireless USB adapter that will recognize my WD TV Live Hub Media Center.  I have tried the following USB wireless adapters Netgear N600 WDNA3100 and a Linksys AE1000 - neither one recognizes the TV Live Hub although my computer, cell and printer all work  with these adapters.  The Netgear N600 and Linksys AE1000 are on the approved list.  Do I need to buy a new router.? The people at Staples think I crazy since I keep on returning these USB adapters. 

I have no problem with a hard wire Ethernet connection to TV Live Hub, but I want a wireless connect when I move the TV Live Hub into another room without the Ethernet connection.

Any idea which USB adapter will work?  Please help!

If I may give you an advice, dont bother hunting for a usb dongle for this. I found this awesome tiny device, Netgear WNCE2001 which hook up to the ethernet port. SInce it does, its universal ! See my previous post.

Good luck !

1 Like

Professor wrote:

Any idea which USB adapter will work?  Please help!

Have you seen the list of approved adapters? Make sure you look at the version/revision letters carefully. You can get the correct usb adapter, but if it is the wrong  version, it may not work. (Even though the part numbers are the same, manufacturers have a habit of changing the chipset in the adapters when they change versions).

Approved Devices

1 Like

The approved list for the hub is:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5688

I don’t what the difference is between those approved for the Live and the hub, if any.

1 Like

Professor, you might not be aware of it, but the Hub has its own forum. I assumed that you were talking about the Live/ Live Plus because you posted it here. (I should have read more carefully). My comments about the version/revision number of the adapters is still valid.

WD Hub

Scandy wrote:

Professor, you might not be aware of it, but the Hub has its own forum. I assumed that you were talking about the Live/ Live Plus because you posted it here. (I should have read more carefully). My comments about the version/revision number of the adapters is still valid.

WD Hub

Its very likely that the two lists are the same but I don’t really want to check them.

Thanks!!  I will definitely get the Netgear WNCE2001.