What is the difference?

What is the difference between the My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) and the My Cloud EX 2? apart from a £75 difference in price for the same capacity.

Why is the My Cloud Mirror not designated as a ‘Network Attached Storage’ device? and why is the My Cloud Mirror 8Tb advertised as 8Tb when the drive is pre set-up as a raid 1 device (2x4Tb drives)? in this mode the total capacity of the device is 4Tb

I ask this because the published specification for the My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) is sparse compared to the EX2 so I can’t make a direct comparison. I have also tried to contact the pre sales department of Western Digital (Europe) during office hours but the message says that they are closed.

I mainly need a network drive for mirrored storage/backup and a device for streaming music to various devices around my home so I need the device to have the Twonky Media server installed.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Here is most of the differences.http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=11425 The gen 2 is pretty much the same as a my cloud mirror first get just faster cpu. The EX is same hardware was a My Cloud Mirror Gen 1. EX has more software features like iSCSI, Volume Virtualization. I noticed the chart said third party apps isn’t on the mirror but it does have that feature.

1 Like

Thank you.