Western Digital Failing

We had a power outage and My Cloud Home has no access. I unplugged it yellow light came on then blinked yellow then nothing. I checked the the back it had blinking lights on the LAN. So I reset it 15 seconds same result. It feels as if its working I mean a little vibration from the device. ANY SUGGESTIONS.
I email WD no response. I got 4 TB of data I can’t access. Its a shame you have to have so much redundancy. I back up to My Cloud Home, now I guess I need to backup My Cloud Home to another device. ONLY PROBLEM IS I CAN’T ACCESS IT.

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: What Does a Blinking Front LED Mean for WD My Cloud Home?

You will never get it up and running at the moment. WD Servers / Software has a problem, although they have not acknowledged it yet. Several Forum posts in the last 24 hours.

The problem here is that WD is no more able to create storage products.

So if I hear you correctly if the servers are down I can’t access my drive that is in my living room? Well that make no sense at all. I have a WD My Cloud, and a WD My Cloud Home. The My Cloud never has an issue.

1 Like