Western Digital External hard drive power supply

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum and am wondering if anyone can help me out with a wee problem.

I’ve recently shifted home and have lost the original power supply for my Western Digital Elements external hard drive. The model number of the hard drive is WDBWLG0030HBK-04.

Does anyone have a photograph of what the original one looks like? That might help in my search.

Otherwise, I understand that I’ll need a 12 volt power supply, of around 1.5A to replace it. I have a number of old power supplies here from various other devices which appear to be rated okay to use on the drive, but only a couple of them have the right sized plug.

I do have an aftermarket variable power supply that comes with a selection of plugs, some of which are the right size. However, I need to be sure I get the polarity of the adaptor correct. Can anyone confirm the configuration of the original power supply? That is, is the positive connector on the adaptor the centre part (hole) of the plug? I’m not sure if all these adaptors conform to a standard, where the positive is always in the centre, or always on the outside, as the case maybe.

I obviously want to get the polarity right if I am going to use a non-standard adaptor.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Darryl

Hi @Darryllennane,

Please refer to the article Power Adapters for Western Digital Products:

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask