Webserver on EX4 with Apache2

Hi Guys

is it possible to use the WD My Cloud EX4 as a Webserver running on Apache2?

I know the Dashboard used Apache2 but when i connect over SSH and create VirtualHost in the Apache2 folder the file is after system reboot deleted.

Can everyone help me? My old Buffalo LS-XHL NAS with HTTP-Server has a harddisk crash and now i payed the EX4.

I want to host my PHP and other webprojects with the WD My Cloud EX4 on my local network.

Sry for my english, i’m swissgerman.

Thank you

Hi there,

I am not aware if the WD My Cloud EX4 requires specific steps in order to be configured as you would like to if possible.

Let’s see if other users on the community can provide you some information about it.

nobody any idea?

Guy can anyone help me please?

I have the same issue on My Cloud. Apache2 server is running fine, the site debija.com under Public share (WWW) has been enabled (a2ensite debija…) but when I run “service apache2 reload” to activate the new configuration I get error message saying "Listen cannot occur within “VirtualHost” section
Action ‘configtest’ failed.

I started having this issue with the latest firmware (v04.04.01-112). Is Western Digital blocking something that I am not aware of?

Here is a copy of the config file:

Listen 8080

VirtualHost *:8080 # Sorry carrot signs won’t appear in this post
ServerAdmin admin@debija.com
ServerName debija.com
ServerAlias www.debija.com
DocumentRoot /shares/Public/WWW/debija.com/public_html
ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
/VirtualHost

So I am stuck here… I appreciate any help you can provide. TIA

upload to share folder and run “ln -s /mnt/HD/HD_a2/web/var/www/web”

Hello,

I realize that this thread is rather old, but I’m really hoping that someone can clarify this last reply.

I have an old EX4 that has been re-utilized for development purposes. I’m trying to setup a local Ubuntu Repository. I downloaded 500 to 600 GB of data from the online repos. The original plan was to use a RPi4 to share out the data to update and upgrade the equipment. I installed Apache on the pi shared out the repo share to the pi and link it to /var/www/html/ubuntu. I can then browse the share via a local browser on my local network. However, this doesn’t work as planned. For some reason I get tons of “404 File not found” and “Hash Sum Mismatch” I’ve exhausted the option of using the RPi4 for the purpose of updating and upgrading the equipment. I think that if I share out the data directly from the EX4, this will eliminate the errors that I’m seeing.

I tried the link as suggested, but I don’t have /mnt/HD/HD_a2/web/var/www/web. I would have to make ./web/var/www/web (which I tried at one point and it didn’t work., I get “File not found” or similar.) There is a /var/www and I tried linking the share there, but I get “Unauthorized” or similar when I try to browse that location. So is it possible to piggy back on the EX4 Apache instance? If so, can someone please provide a clearer explaination?

Thanks

Daryl

I tried similar links, but as you said, this is a read-only FS. So, in other words, there is no way to use apache on the EX4.

Thanks

Daryl