We want the shared folders to be visible in the desktop app!

Bring back Family share for the desktop Application!

4 Likes

WD - without the shared folder in the desktop app or as a map-able drive, I have lost 2/3 of my functionality. I could use any other online storage system if that was what I wanted…

4 Likes

Sick to my stomach that we do not have access to shared files via desktop. That is the EXACT reason we bought it for our nonprofit organization. Such a HUGE waste of money at this point. Hopefully WD will make the change.

3 Likes

Yes please, can we have back one of the reasons why many of us bought this drive? Or is it possible to return it and have our money back?

2 Likes

It is obvious that WD doesn’t know what they are doing and I am now thinking of some kind of legal action - in my mind there are two key reasons for having the My Cloud Home device - 1) to backup data and 2) to share data with family - the sharing with family is critical - how they can take this key function away is beyond me - oh yeah they will tell you that access can be done with the web page or the mobile apps - but that is not the point - the desktop functionality is what we want - what we need - what we demand - I am retired VP of IT for a major technological university and if my team ever removed key functionality like these clowns did some someone would have been fired - Western Digital - this is your last chance - put the family share back into the desktop app - NOW

2 Likes